Monday, May 17, 2010

Senator Nancy King: The Race is On!

Senator Nancy King (D-39) sent out the following mass email to her supporters in reaction to challenger Saqib Ali's campaign kickoff on Saturday.



Dear [Recipient],

This afternoon, my opponent kicked off his campaign to represent District 39 in the Maryland Senate. I welcome him to the race - and I know that my record of community involvement and effective leadership will resonate in our district.

Make no mistake about it, though - the road to re-election will be challenging, and I need your help to win.


Please click here to volunteer for my campaign.

I got involved as a concerned mother who wanted to make sure that my children were getting the most out of our public schools. First as President of the Montgomery County Parent Teacher Association and later as President of the Board of Education, I worked to improve education for all Montgomery County families.

Encouraged by friends and family, I ran for the legislature to continue this fight. In Annapolis, I stood up to those who want to target Montgomery County schools. I led the fight to protect our students from a devastating $23.4 million cut, and to protect our teachers from a risky plan to shift pension costs to local governments.

Please click here to volunteer for my campaign.

We are at a crucial moment for public education - and that's why I want to continue working for you in Annapolis. Our schools have been ranked #1 in the country for 2 years in a row, but some want to jeopardize our progress by cutting education and passing the buck on pensions. As the only former school board member in the Senate, my experience is critical to protecting our students and teachers.

I hope I can count on your support, and I hope you will take a moment to volunteer for my campaign.

Sincerely,

Senator Nancy King

P.S. The election is just 121 days away! Please click here to volunteer today!