Monday, April 12, 2010

Korman Turns Down Delegate Appointment, House Race

MPW Contributor and Montgomery County Democratic Central Committee (MCDCC) Member Marc Korman has announced that he will not seek the appointment to Delegate Bill Bronrott's House seat and he will not be running for Delegate in 2010. Korman was picked by our spies as one of the county's most prominent people under the age of 35 and acquired valuable campaign experience working for Barack Obama. He would have been a strong contender in 2010. Following is his email.

Dear Friends,

Since Delegate Bronrott announced his resignation, I have been flattered by many of you who have suggested I seek his seat either through the appointment process or the fall election. After giving the possibility considerable thought and talking it over with Rebecca, I have decided that a 2010 campaign for Delegate is not something I am prepared to take on.

As most of you know, I graduate law school in May, will be taking the bar exam in July, and am scheduled to start work at a law firm in January of 2011. While I could try and bend over backwards to balance all of these demands with service as a delegate, I do not believe that is the best course of action for me to take this year.

I still plan to run for reelection to the Montgomery County Democratic Central Committee for District 16 and am already filed for the office. I look forward to continuing my involvement in the community and in politics through the central committee and other capacities.

Thank you all for your encouragement and kind words.

Sincerely,

Marc