Friday, April 30, 2010

Farrington Drops Out of District 16 Delegate Race

Former District 18 Delegate candidate Dan Farrington, whom we picked as the early favorite for the District 16 open Delegate seat, has dropped out. Following is his statement.

Dear Friends,

I am writing to let you know that I have made the decision to not run for the open House of Delegates seat in District 16. I have spent considerable time over the last several weeks discussing the balance between public service and family life with trusted friends, including many elected officials. I have concluded that at this point in my life I would be unable to fully give myself to the responsibilities of the office without sacrificing some of the commitments I have made to my family. As strong as my desire to serve is, my commitment to my family is stronger.

This has been a very difficult decision for me in part because of all of the encouragement I’ve received from so many of you. Thank you for your friendship and support.

Dan