Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Craig Rice: Thank You, but Beware of Ficker

Council District 2 Democratic primary winner Craig Rice has sent a thank you message to his supporters that pays respect to his Democratic opponents. But Rice also has a warning: don't get complacent because Robin Ficker is his general election opponent. Following is Rice's email.

Thank you for your support!

Dear Friends, Family and Neighbors,

First, let me say thank you. It is because of the support of you and my fantastic campaign team that exactly one week ago at this time, we received the final election numbers confirming I had prevailed in my election. I would also like to thank Sharon Dooley, Royce Hanson, Charles Kirchman and Eddie Kuhlman for taking part in seeking the Democratic nomination. It is a tremendous sacrifice to run for office and they should be applauded for their quest and running spirited campaigns. And special thanks go out to Eddie Kuhlman, who has offered his support to ensure a victory in the general election.

But our work is not over. I face a formidable opponent whom we all know or have heard of...Robin Ficker. I am sure he will try everything from distorting the truth, to rumor and conjecture, to defeat me. I will need your help to ensure, now that I am the Democratic nominee, we prevail in November.

You can help right away by contributing to the campaign. Any amount will help to get our message out early and often. Please log onto my website www.craigrice.org and click on the donate page.

In addition, I would love to have you walk with me as I continue to crisscross District 2, continuing to talk to voters and identify ways that the council can make Montgomery County the best place to live and work. If you would be able to volunteer for door knocking or phone banking, please contact Sharon St. Pierre at Stpierre619@verizon.net or 240-938-1309.

Also, please let me know if you would like a "Craig Rice for County Council" yard sign. We will deliver it right to your door. Just let us know you'd like one at my website: www.craigrice.org.

Again, I can't thank you enough for your support, your vote and your prayers. And please don't forget I will need you again in the general election in November. I hope to see you on the campaign trail.

Warm regards,

Craig

By authority of Citizens for Craig Rice, Vivian Rice, Treasurer