Monday, September 20, 2010

Valerie Ervin: Fired Up

Council Member Valerie Ervin, who had no primary opponent, has sent the following email to her supporters concerning the general election.

Fired Up for Four More Years as Your Councilmember‏

Friends,

I want to express my heartfelt thanks to you, your family and your friends for supporting me in the 2010 Democratic Primary Election. I am honored to have the opportunity to serve my community as a member of the Montgomery County Council as we continue our work on important issues like education, public safety, the environment and improving the lives of working families.

We have accomplished great things by working together throughout the last four years; however, there is still more work to do. In a leadership role on the County Council, I am committed to working with all of my colleagues to enhance the quality of life in Montgomery County.

I am also excited that many of the candidates I endorsed early in the campaign season ran successful races. Hans Riemer and Craig Rice will be joining me on the County Council, and Roger Manno will be a new State Senator. All share my progressive values, and I look forward to working closely with each of them.

While I was fortunate to run unopposed in the 2010 Primary Election, I face a Republican challenger in November. Please remember to vote for me on November 2. I need your support so we can continue the work we started four years ago.

Also, please let me know if you would like a Valerie Ervin yard sign or if you would like to make a campaign contribution. Any way you can help would make a difference.

Request your lawn sign and sign up to volunteer: http://valerieervin.com/volunteer/.

Donate $5, $10, $25 or more online! You can contribute here: http://valerieervin.com/contribute/.
Thanks so much for all you have done and thank you in advance for your support in the future.

Valerie Ervin
Montgomery County Council Vice President