Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Kyle Lierman Announces Run for Delegate in District 16

Kyle Lierman, who is the son of former state Dems Chair Terry Lierman, has announced his run for Delegate in District 16. The field currently includes incumbents Susan Lee and Bill Frick, MCEA-endorsed former NARAL Pro-Choice Maryland Executive Director Ariana Kelly and Young Dems President Scott Goldberg. We expect others to get in. Following is Lierman's email blast.

Dear [Voter],

I want to share with you an important decision I recently made. I am running for the Maryland House of Delegates in District 16, which encompasses my home in Bethesda as well as Glen Echo, parts of Chevy Chase, Potomac, Rockville, and North Bethesda.

As many of you know, politics and public service have always been an important part of my life. Growing up in a family dedicated to fighting for the greater good, I have always looked for ways to give back -- by volunteering for several progressive Maryland candidates, organizing in six states for President Obama's campaign, and most recently, completing a volunteer trip to Haiti. Now, I've decided that running for the House of Delegates is the best way for me to use my energy, experience, and leadership skills to make a difference and give back to my community. I understand the importance of local leadership and the impact it can have on our community's challenges, big and small.

Maryland is one of the most progressive states in the country. We have an impressive public school system and many dedicated public servants -- but we can do better. Governor O'Malley has done a good job under difficult circumstances, but he needs more help from people who share his progressive vision and determination to move Maryland forward. I am committed to working with our Governor to facilitate investment in our future, our education system, our clean energy economy, and our transportation infrastructure. But just like in Washington, real and necessary progress in Annapolis is routinely held up by special interests and lobbyists. That needs to change.

As a Delegate, I will work night and day to bring innovative solutions and a fresh perspective to tackle our states biggest problems. Montgomery County needs leaders who can go to Annapolis and organize around progressive issues and ideals to create positive change in our community and our state.

In the coming weeks, you will hear from me directly to discuss how your time, your ideas and your financial support can help me be the candidate and Delegate I hope to be. I ask for your support and I will need your help.

Thanks!

Sincerly,

Kyle Lierman

PS: Please visit my website, KyleLierman.com, and feel free to email me at Kyle@KyleLierman.com or call me directly at (301) 404-0961.