Monday, March 02, 2009

Chris Paladino Withdraws

Chris Paladino released the following statement today.

FRIENDS OF CHRIS PALADINO
13904 FOGGY GLEN DRIVE, SILVER SPRING, MD 20906
(301) 910-6199
WWW.CHRISPALADINO.ORG

March 2, 2009

The last month has been a whirlwind and a real honor as I’ve talked with dozens and dozens of District 4 residents about the needs of our community, and received so much wonderful feedback and support.

The last week has also be a whirlwind for my family as we learned of the rapid spread of my mother-in-law’s cancer. My wife spent several days in Florida arranging for her mom’s care and treatment. The memories have come flooding back of my wife’s support for me as my father went through his long illness and death 15 years ago, and her Herculean efforts through my mother’s three year battle and passing.

Over the last few days, I’ve looked at what it will take to win a special election that is only seven weeks away, and what that would mean to my wife and family during a time they need me most. It wasn’t hard to know that it’s my turn to be there for them and focus on the most important thing in life – family.

My original plan had been to run for the seat in 2010 when Don Praisner completed his term. While I’m disappointed to be dropping out of the special election, I will take the next 18 months to work in the community, build even more relationships, and consider how I can make a difference in 2010 or beyond. I’m young, still enthusiastic, and plan to be part of Montgomery County for a very long time.

Thank you to everyone I’ve been able to reach personally with this news for your understanding and support of my family. Thanks also to them and everyone else for taking the time to get to know me and for encouraging me to run.

You’ll see a lot more of me over the coming months. In the meantime, I hope I’ll hear from many more people in the community and continue to make new friends and learn about our needs and diversity. My Web site (www.ChrisPaladino.org) will stay active and you can reach me through it be phone or email any time.

Thanks again for your support.