Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Lawton Rock Solid in Chevy Chase

OK, I've written lots of posts on the other candidates in District 18, so I ought to get around to mentioning Del. Jane Lawton's fundraiser last night in Chevy Chase since I attended it and support Jane's candidacy. These events are always hit or miss. Sometimes candidates and their volunteers outnumber the people in the community.

Not at this event. On the last night of the long Labor Day weekend, Chevy Chase packed the house in support of its former mayor. I have no idea how much money Jane raised but the turnout and strong positive response indicated a level of hometown support that any candidate would welcome going into the final days of the campaign. Del. Richard Madaleno gave Jane a steller introduction strongly touting her accomplishments since her appointment to the legislature and calling for her reelection.

I just wish I had scarfed down a few less of the brownies and Christmas cookies in the shapes of "J" for Jane, crabs, and donkeys.