Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dereck Davis Comments on George Owings

In response to our post on former Delegate and current Governor hopeful George Owings' Facebook supporters, Delegate Dereck Davis (D-25) sent us the following remarks. Delegate Davis is listed on Owings' Facebook page as a supporter.

George Owings is a good friend of mine whom I had the pleasure of serving with on the House Environmental Matters Committee for 8 sessions (1995-2002). I found him to be thoughtful, conscientious, and eloquent during his tenure in the legislature. It goes without saying that he was well-respected by his colleagues. That said, I have not endorsed anyone for Governor. Quite candidly, I think it is premature to endorse anyone until after the 2010 legislative session has been completed. Then, and only then, will I be able to make an informed decision about what’s best for the community I represent. I regret any confusion relating to Facebook. Generally speaking, I will accept a “friend request” from anyone whose name I recognize. There was nothing more to it than that.