Thursday, February 04, 2010

Riemer Announces Campaign Kickoff Rally

Council at-large candidate Hans Riemer has announced a campaign kickoff rally on February 20 at 3 PM. The location is the office of the Mizeur Group, the lobbying organization headed by Delegate Heather Mizeur (D-20). Following is Riemer's blast email.


It's Official: I'm Running for Montgomery County Council!

Please Join Me at My Campaign Kickoff Rally
Save the Date: Saturday, February 20th at 3:00 pm

Location: Offices of The Mizeur Group
1430 Fenwick Lane, Silver Spring, MD 20910
(5 mins walk from Silver Spring metro)

Stay tuned for our exciting list of rally speakers and hosts.

[RSVP NOW]

Dear friends & neighbors,

Montgomery County residents young and old are facing some of the most serious challenges we've ever witnessed: layoffs and furloughs, foreclosures and rising property taxes, overcrowded schools and education cuts, and spiraling health care costs amidst massive budget cuts.

If we are going to turn Montgomery County around, we need new voices at the table.

That's why I am excited to announce that I am running for the Democratic nomination for Montgomery County Council - At Large.

My name is Hans Riemer and I am a Montgomery County Democrat. I live in Silver Spring with my wife, Angela, and we have chosen to raise our toddler, Henry, here in one of the best counties in the world.

During my career, I've fought for seniors, young people, and progressive economic and social policy. I have dedicated myself to engaging people of all backgrounds in the challenges of making public policy:

* In my work for the AARP, I help engage AARP members in local service opportunities to connect seniors to their communities


My job was to mobilize young people for President Obama

# As the National Youth Vote Director for the Obama campaign, I helped millions of young people raise their voice for change and helped build grassroots campaigns for Obama in Montgomery County and throughout Maryland.

# In my national advocacy on issues such as Social Security, Medicare, health care, education and voting reform, I have championed the concerns of people from every race and background.

In Montgomery County, I am best known for my advocacy on issues such as the Purple Line, Corridor Cities Transitway, Metro (WMATA), RideOn and other transit programs; as well as helping to build the Obama Montgomery County and Maryland grassroots campaigns.

I believe passionately that we have to find a more environmentally sustainable way to grow here in the county. We need new jobs, more housing, and a stronger tax base if we are going to maintain our quality of life and progress in our schools. But we have to make wise choices about land use and transportation in order to simultaneously preserve Montgomery County's rural and surburban ways of life. It can be a challenging process, but if we do it right, together, there's a great place to live for everyone here.

In order to get there though, I need you. Please join me at my kickoff rally, and sign-up to volunteer for campaign activities: [HERE]

Sincerely yours,

Hans Riemer
Montgomery County Democrat
hans@hansriemer.com
Election Information

* Democratic Primary: 9/14/10
* Earling Voting: 9/3/10 to 9/9/10
* Deadline to Register/Change Party Affiliation: 8/24/10

Important: To vote in the Democratic Primary, you must be a registered Democrat. You may register or change your party affiliation with these forms. [ENGLISH] or [ESPANOL]

www.HansRiemer.com
By Authority: Friends of Hans Riemer.
Chair: Oscar Ramirez. Treasurer: Karen Czapanskiy.