Thursday, December 06, 2007

What New in the District 18 Vacancy

Here is the latest over at Free State Politics (FSP) from Eric. A quick look at the MCDCC web site has only three officially announced candidates: Dana Beyer, George English and Oscar Ramirez. I called MCDCC HQ about an hour ago and they also had Rick Kessler. But interestingly there was nothing filed by Al Carr. Now Al Carr is in the race. He told me so. Of three people I had rumored to be in the race on Tuesday all three of them are out: Blog-father, David Lublin, and Central Committee Members Vic Weissberg and Alan Banov.

What is interesting is only the 23 members of the Montgomery County Democratic Central Committee (MCDCC) have a vote in this and all three District 18 members of the MCDCC is openly committed to a different candidate: Ramirez supports (surprise) himself; Weissberg supports Kessler and Banov supports Carr.

Like my fellow blogger Eric at FSP, there are persistent rumors of "finding" a woman to run, ignoring that Dana Beyer is already in the race. But I have tried to stay out of the rumor (till now) and I hope to only report what is actual. Still I find it an interesting turn of events.