Wednesday, December 05, 2007

And He's Out

It feels a bit ridiculous to withdraw from a race one never entered officially but I'm going to do it anyway. There have been posts on here and freestatepolitics.us about the race, mentioning me as a possible candidate.

Fair enough. I was thinking about it and talking it over with a number of people. I'm grateful to the people who let me bend their ear and encouraged me. I benefited greatly from their counsel. I've decided it's not the right thing for me to do at this time. Being a delegate is an enormous commitment if you do it right, and I am not sure it is something I want to do now.

I enjoy being involved, especially in Chevy Chase and District 18. One reason is the many people in our area who make it fun and make me feel like I can make a worthwhile difference.

One final note: Any previous posts on the District 18 vacancy were as much a surprise to me as to you and not an attempt to advance or to undermine anyone's campaign on my part. Unfortunately, the mind-control chips I planted in the other bloggers on this site have never functioned properly and they continue to insist on posting their own thoughts without consulting me--and the site is vastly better for it and I thank them.

So back to blogging!