Monday, December 03, 2007

District 18 Vacancy Is Announced

Dear Readers,

I have stayed away from comments about this race, due to the very sudden and tragic death of Delegate Jane Lawton. But today came an announcement to those of us who are a part of the District 18 Caucus that the date has been set for the MCDCC to fill the vacancy at their next regularly scheduled monthly business meeting of Tuesday December 11 at 7:30 p.m.

But remember all of us never wanted to go through this. Not now. We liked, no make that loved, our current Delegate. My only wish is I to have known her better. That was my loss.

Her daughters were amazing at yesterday's service. I will like to comment on what they said but I know my comments would fail to capture it correctly. So I will just say I don't want to go through this but as Jane herself said many a time, "Come on it'll be fun!"

As I things progress on the vacancy race I will keep you informed.