Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Tales from Antarctica

May I add to Adam's musings on the Apple Ballot that working the Democratic tent stinks. I felt like the Rodney Dangerfield of Precinct 07-01.

At B-CC High School, the precinct I worked, someone stuck the Apple Ballots on a shelf. It's hard to blame them. Two hours of bitter cold while I was there. (Kudos to the Precinct Chair for setting up a tent so at least I avoided the freezing rain.) Not one person wanted literature except a batty old lady who got mad when I asked if she really needed 20 Obama brochures and accused me of being a Clinton person before ranting on further.

Then there was the Hillary diva who let this nice man handing out lefty-spiritual leaflets hold her dog's leash while she voted but then wouldn't even take one of his pamphlets. She then critiqued the Democratic tent as being set up too favorably to Obama (I had nothing to do with setup and there was a big Hillary sign in front). I should've said, well, if you volunteer for the rest of my shift, you can set it up however you BLEEP like. (Sorry for the censorship but this is a family publication.) She got unhappy when I wouldn't let her rearrange the whole booth and she promised "to tell her Hillary people". I'm sure they'll get right on it. Oy.