Friday, October 27, 2006

On to Germany

This afternoon, I plan to voyage to Dulles Airport and brave the long and slow line at the United international counter, the fast-moving security conga line which runs the length of the airport, and the no longer quaint but just old mobile lounges to the midfield terminal, so I can fly to Germany to speak both southern politics and the upcoming midterm elections for the American Embassy.

I am hoping to post a bit from afar, so just think of me as your Berlin correspondent. Fortunately, soon-to-be Sen. Richard Madaleno has once again graciously agreed to pitch in and blog about Maryland in my absence. Thanks Rich!

The sad thing is I can remember when the mobile lounges were uber-cool state-of-the-art airport transportation instead of sardine cans with wheels. I await with great anticipation the opening of the underground subway that will whisk me to the terminals. Just as long as they don't call it the Purple Line.