Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mike Lenett's Concession Statement

Senator Mike Lenett (D-19) sent out the following email to his supporters congratulating challenger Roger Manno on his victory.

Thank You

Dear [Voter],

Ever since I was a child, all I've ever wanted was to have a close family and make people's lives better. I may have stumbled in my political career, but I've got the most wonderful family any man could hope for and I will find other ways to make a difference in people's lives. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the privilege and honor of serving as your State Senator the last four years. Helping to pass meaningful legislation and solve real-life problems has been the most rewarding experience of my life. I also want to thank all my supporters, campaign staff, interns, and volunteers for their incredible hard work, dedication, ideals, and faith in me. I cannot begin to express my gratitude. Most of all, I would like to thank my wife Kriszti, my soul mate, and my four amazing children, David, Aron, Jason, and Sabrina, for all the sacrifices they have made through a tough year and for being a constant reminder of how lucky I am.

I would like to offer my sincere congratulations to Roger Manno, his family, and his supporters. Roger, I offer you my support in any way you think I may be helpful. I look forward to working with you in the years ahead for the betterment of our wonderful community, for which I know we share a love that is our greatest common bond.

I hope that Democrats across Montgomery County wake up this morning committed to healing quickly from an unfortunately overly-contentious primary season and re-uniting to help our Governor Martin O'Malley in a close general election battle that will determine whether Maryland retreats backward or moves forward to advance the values we hold so dear.