Monday, September 20, 2010

Kyle Lierman: Thank You

District 16 House candidate Kyle Lierman has sent the following email thanking his supporters and congratulating the winners of his primary.

Dear [Voter],

Now that our campaign is over and I've had some time to reflect on the last few months, I want to take this opportunity to extend my sincere thanks to you and all the people who made this campaign possible. As most of you know by now, the final votes have been tallied and we came up about 350 votes short of winning one of the three nominations for delegate. Although I'm disappointed, I have no regrets, and am instead filled with gratitude toward the many people who supported our effort and with pride in the way we conducted our campaign.

Any great effort starts with the support of one's family, and over the last four months, mine went all in for me. Thank you to my mother (and treasurer) Connie, father Terry, sister Brooke and her husband Eben, and brother Trent and his wife Holly for all of their hard work and dedication. I also want to give a special thanks to my great friend and Campaign Chair, Irene Pollin.

My family also grew during this race to include the staff and volunteers who put countless hours into this campaign. I cannot tell you how humbled I was by the support I received in the community over the course of this campaign. I want to extend a huge and heartfelt thanks to all of you, and the over 600 people who made this campaign possible. I'd also like to take a moment to recognize my campaign team - most of whom were unpaid and whom I will never be able to repay for their incredible work:

Campaign Manager: Nicholas Kowalski

Deputy Campaign Manager: Kim MacDonald

GOTV Director and the best sister in the world: Brooke Lierman

Field Organizers: Brianna McCullough and Carl Ehrlich

Director of Correspondence: Jordann Wine

Interns: Caila Driscoll, Daniel Hafner, Kate Hooper

And all of our volunteers, especially Sara Conrath, David Dimock, Sue Byrnes and Lucy Freeman.

I am extraordinarily proud of the campaign that we mounted. We knocked on over 23,000 doors, made over 10,000 phone calls, sent over 4,000 postcards, and built a base of support on the idea that our constituents deserved a representative that puts their interests above any special interest.

I want to congratulate Susan Lee, Bill Frick and Ariana Kelly on gaining the Democratic nominations. I also want to congratulate the other challengers, many of whom I now consider friends, for running strong, positive campaigns and for showing the wide array of talent in this district. I look forward to working with all of them - and all of you - to make sure District 16 has a strong turnout for Governor O’Malley in November.

Thank you again for your hard work and dedication and for believing in me and our campaign; I am forever indebted to you for your commitment and support.

Kyle Lierman