Monday, August 23, 2010

Puca vs. Hydorn on Sign Stealing

District 39 House candidate Tony Puca has accused fellow candidate Bob Hydorn of stealing his signs, a charge Hydorn denies. Following is an email exchange between the two.

From: Tonypuca@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 17:26:46 -0400
Subject: Distressing occurance
To: bob@bobhydornfordelegate.org

Dear Bob,

On my way home I noticed my sign had been taken down out front of the Willowtree entrance so I stopped to replace it and noticed that your sign was in an area where mine had been. This is the 2nd time this has occurred in Montgomery Village that I have noticed.. While a third time could make me believe you are doing this, a reply saying that you are not would be appreciated. I do not believe either of us have the money to replace a few of our signs and definitely not all of our signs.

Thank you,

Tony

From: Bob Hydorn
To: tonypuca
Sent: Sun, Aug 22, 2010 7:06 pm
Subject: RE: Distressing occurance

Tony,

Even thinking I would do such bothers me. I have not done that and will not do such. I do know that any signs placed on the golf course property must receive approval of that property owner. My signs have been up at that location for 3 weeks on his private property, with his approval. As have Senator King's signs, both approved by the owner. I do know that he had stated that others could not post signs on his property.

There before you even insinuate such, you need to check your facts. The golf course property wraps around many areas of the Village, so I would be careful where you place such signs.

Bob